Onto Forever: Five Years Together, Three Years Official



Love story doesn’t seem to be an outre talk of our lives now. Every day we read and hear stories of love about couples who just got engaged inside a flying airplane; a flash-mob from a die-hard suitor; and a sudden break-up of a decade old relationship. On Facebook alone, we get to see lovers going out for a date, flaunting their flowers and chocolates, updating their relationship status, and a lot more of these usual relationship feats. Of course, do not forget Facebook’s hallmark for your emotions “Feeling in love with blah blah blah”.

Do these all still sound interesting? I believe, it still does. Love stories may be normal and alike – still, it is distinctive. My belief: There might be a lot of Rose-and-Jack or Romeo-and-Juliet love stories around, but there could be only one Aira-and-Jeremy love story (or insert yours) – there’s no copy-cat for what and how your relationship is becoming (unless you’ve got a bunch of stalkers/bashers/haters who like to do so). There might be instances that show similar experience of how a relationship started and ended but nothing yet has gone the same run in between (at least based on my existence) – it seems but not exactly.

With no one’s approval or permission, I am so free to share our love story here on my blog – whether someone or no one will read it. HAHAHA! If you seem to like discovering something new out from the trendy ones, I got you here! But seriously, this is no fairytale at all, not even extraordinary. SO DON’T EXPECT A LOT. My promise: 1.) it will worth your time reading it 2.) Your eyes will be in good use and 3.)  YOU’VE GOT WARNED about what this is going to be - yep,  this is quite long, BE PATIENT.

SO LET'S GET THE STORY ROLLING...

We first met in a summer Youth Camp in Laguna back in April 2013. As we were gathered, the venue was big enough to house 300 participants and some areas for recreation - Basketball court, volleyball area, team building facilities, and then a Ping-Pong table with players caught my attention.  I approached a certain young man and asked him if I could play also after them. I was smiling at him like I didn’t know why I even did. And yes, that man was JJ (no more cryptic disclosure).  The camp ended well and normal – we didn't exchange our names and phone numbers; neither there was Hi or Hello. Our only encounter with each other was when he received a question and an unintended smile from me for the sake of a Ping-Pong game. HAHAHA! A week after, another camp was held in which we both attended to the second time around. We had been joining the same camp twice, but we still didn’t get a hold of each other – you know, we didn’t feel the need yet to do so because nakaschedule yan, wait lang. While the camp was running, there was segment for young men in which they had to convince the audience why they deserved to be the Crowned Prince (just remember Mr. Pogi of Eat Bulaga). You know what ? JJ did something ridiculous that caused everyone to laugh hard. What he did? He was confidently introducing himself saying some things about him whatnot, and when he was about to take a seat, he didn’t notice that the center chair was a make-believe, only resembled to a real one and just being covered in white blanket - this deceived him like there was really something to sit on (at least the space saved him a second shorter Hahaha). Actually, most of the guys fell on that bluff, but he's the only person I know by far who was proud of his own blunder - the rest were consciously ashamed. I was laughing the most at him at the longest minute.

Could this be something? When someone can make you smile and laugh at the same time beyond frequent reasons? He is sure funny, but I don't know -  I don't know what these all could mean yet. Our first two encounters were quite a sort of comedy - full of laughter and fun. On the other hand, it seemed ordinary but grand – first, I smiled at him; second, I laughed at him, and the third? It was the beginning...


After those camps, one night I received a call from him. At first, I didn’t know it was him until I asked. He told me that someone wanted to talk to me (LOL, he thought he could confuse me - IT WAS JUST REALLY HIM). He was telling me that his friend wanted to know my name, where do I live, etc. – but take note, we had been on the call for more than ten minutes, and I had been waiting who’s that friend he was talking about. Okay, for the sake of what he confessed, I was able to talk with his “friend” and little did I know, there was a bunch of his friends with him already when he called me – and I talked to each of them. Wew! We talked like we already knew each other deeply. I laughed so hard (again) and I almost cried because of the fun! This was how everything started and I couldn’t believe we have been together this long.


We started texting and calling each other like every couple out there did. Everything was going well with us until there came a month that we just stopped (Initially, I stopped and then he cooperated HAHAHA). He was really fun to talk with; we would spend three hours of talking but, I just stopped texting and calling him for no clear reason. I even had no idea about his whereabouts and his daily life since that day. We were both in college already, and I found my junior year quite challenging; I was surviving still and all, so probably school was not the justification – it really should be I... and JJ (Of course he was still an accomplice! Hahaha).


Come at the end of this month-long-no-text-or-call pause, I decided to reach out to him again. Let me call this a CPR to an almost dying relationship. Unexpectedly, he responded - quickly and eagerly. We revived our communication like nothing happened – it felt like there was no gap at all. We then decided to pray for each other: If we are really meant to be together, along with our promises and commitments. Constant prayer and putting God as the center of our relationship have been our underpinning core; apart from these, we wouldn't have gone this far and I wouldn't be in a proper position to boast of our relationship (very very light lang naman)It wasn't easy - waiting is a great key but it sure gave us uncertainties along the way. JJ had to wait almost two years before he could have my YES. I needed to finish my studies first – yep, my coming-of-age principle which resulted from a of realization. That’s not enthralling to read but, every time I tell this to anyone, the impact is there! I exactly gave him my YES when I got the confirmation of my graduation application. We met at Mcdonalds and I shared to him the news. He was excited and he felt like he was going to finally have it. I told him that he must wait again until 12 midnight - of course he had to, I gave him no choice but to wait again. So make sure your man is willing to wait  for you not only once or even twice - make it a surprise! Hahaha!

SO HOW ARE WE LATELY?

Now? We are on our third year of our official relationship and have been together for five years! Those years of course were a passel of small fight, misunderstanding, verging break-up, disappointment and a lot of common relationship experiences! Along the way, we both met each other's families, and friends, and enemies (joke lang). We are now working professionals in our own field. Oh, did I tell you yet that we graduated with the same course? Ask him why he had to take the same course as I did. Kidding aside, I just shared this because I think this is the only thing we have in common Hahaha! All the rest is a complete flip side of who we are what we are from one another (for eg. I like Korean dramas, but he likes it more. Notice to all: He can watch two to three kdramas a month HAHAHA). At least now, I believe that two opposite people can possibly be together - you just need to get a hang of each other, no matter what. If you think solving math problems is much difficult, oh well, can you tell how can a couple decide where to eat when one wants a pasta and the other wants an unli-rice meal? At least Math has formula and solutions, while our relationship has empty tummies only - we like to eat, but we don't eat the same food most of the time Hahaha! Please let me know when Mang Inasal (Philippines' largest chicken inasal food chain famous for its unli-rice meals)  has pasta on their menu, by then we will never argue on this. Hahaha! 

Just so you know, I never thought I was able to lay our story here with lots of shortcuts! This was quite long already, but there had been a lot of things happened in those five years in which I didn't write anymore, next time meron pa. Abangan!


All these and more are nothing but a story of love sustained in prayer, embraced in faith, and committed in God's will.

PS: JEREMY JOHN, NOT READING THE FACEBOOK POST IN WHICH I MENTIONED YOU IS AND WILL BE OKAY; BUT NOT READING THIS POST WHICH I DEDICATED FOR YOU IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE OKAY. LABYU! HAHAHA



You Might Also Like

0 comments